Do I need Private Health Insurance?
We accept patients with and without private health insurance, Department of Veterans Affairs patients, WorkCover and medico-legal clients. If you are visiting from overseas and have travel insurance, it is a mandatory requirement that all expenses be paid in advance by you (reimbursement for this fee can then be organised by you through your insurer), unless a guarantee of payment can be provided by the insurance company.
What are the fees and how do I pay?
We do not bulk bill. You will receive a Medicare Rebate provided you have a current referral. GP referrals last for 12 months. Referrals from Specialists are valid for 3 months only. Your private fund does NOT cover consultations/procedures in my rooms. Private fund hospital cover only covers procedures performed in hospital.
A fee schedule can be provided to you upon request prior to booking any appointments and you should obtain this prior to commencing treatment.
Pathology and other investigations are billed to you directly
A detailed quote for any out-of-pocket expenses for any surgical procedures will be provided.
Where do I park?
- Wilson’s Pay Car Park behind Watkins Medical Centre (Bartley Street)
- Metered Parking on street (best to pay for 2 hours to avoid parking ticket)
What should I send prior to the appointment?
You need to return the following prior to your appointment
- Doctors referral for yourself (and your partner if applicable), BOTH names MUST be on referral
- Previous fertility treatment cycle summaries
- Details/Records from any other specialists Doctor which may impact your treatment
- Completed Pink Patient Registration Sheet
- Signed Privacy Consent/Release of Medical Information Form
What should I bring on the day?
- Medicare card
- Private Health Insurance details
- Any imaging (XRay, ultrasound, MRI) reports
After Hours Care
As with all emergencies you should call ‘000’ if it is life-threatening or you need immediate help.
I will give you my contact details for acute emergencies when you make your initial appointment with us. If I cannot be reached in the event of an emergency, please contact the Wesley 24 Hour Emergency Centre on (07) 3232 7333. Please note access to Watkins Medical Centre is restricted after hours & weekends. If you have an appointment outside normal business hours, access can be gained by using the keypad at the front doors of Watkins Medical Centre.